I’ve been at the computer all day, meaning to get to tomorrow’s (oops!) Ten on Tuesday! This week it’s “10 favorite comedy movies” and do I have favorite comedy movies?! In fact, I just went to the movies last week to see “American Wedding” and brought my knitting with me! I’m working on a Creekbed scarf which is all stockinette so lots of knitting to do. I’ve seen all the “American … ” movies but I think I still like the first one best.
But as for my favorites, here goes:
1) Bottle Rocket: the first and best Wes Anderson movie. Hilarious, cute, romantic and just wonderful!
2) Clerks: the first and best Kevin Smith movie. “I’m not even supposed to be here today.” 😉
3) Office Space: The best homage to work since Dilbert. “I wouldn’t say I’ve been missing it, Bob.”
4) Better Off Dead: John Cusack, enough said.
5) Pee Wee’s Big Adventure: Pee Wee, Tim Burton and Elizabeth Daily!
6) Valley Girl: A great view of Hollywood in the ’80s as well as some great characters and stars. “Well f*** you, for sure, like totally.”
7) Monty Python and the Meaning of Life: All of their movies are great, but this one takes the cake, or salmon mousse.
8) Rushmore: One of Bill Murray’s greatest, and he wasn’t even the star of the movie!
9) Mallrats: This was not as well received as other Kevin Smith movies, but it’s my second favorite of his. I use the “Do it, Doug” line whenever someone is doing something really slow in front of me, mostly while driving.
10) Morgan Stewart’s Coming Home: One of the movies that introduced me to my second favorite Jon, Jon Cryer.