Last weekend I was looking through my old photos and found some projects I hadn’t added into Ravelry but probably posted on my blog years ago. I wanted to show them to you as I don’t have any current project photos, even though I finished a bib this week, started a bib, and have 5 more rows on my 4th baby blanket (one more in the works to go). Here are my pre-Ravelry FOs:
Actually, never mind. I looked through them again
and there are no old projects I’m really proud of. I guess that means I’ve advanced in my knitting, or photo taking, or both.
Anywho, I decided today to make a few 2011 goals. I’m not usually very goal-driven and that probably has lead me to be where I am right now, feeling very unstructured and unaccomplished. So let’s see.
1) by the end of the year I would like to lose 13 lbs. Last year I started with Jenny Craig, which I do enjoy, but I only lost 11-12 lbs. I figure I can do the same this year, and I’ll be 30 lbs until my goal weight at that point. I can stand waiting 5 years to lose all the weight – it took me 5-6 years to get to this point anyway.
2) in the next 6 mos I would like to get another job. Preferably part time, but we’ll see. I’ve been feeling very adrift since I got laid off, and really loved having some income and feeling like I was helping the family, even though my DH says anything I make pushes us into the next tax bracket, so it might not be that great money-wise.
3) in the next 3 mos I would like to get our garage cleaned out. My DH decided, 8 years ago, to use our garage as a “staging” area for our stuff before we moved it inside. We moved from a 2 bedroom apartment to a 3 bedroom house, and of course it got filled up with stuff that wasn’t sitting outside in the garage! I feel guilty that he works full time and deals with so much stress and I don’t do my fair share at home, so hopefully I can help out more here.
And as to knitting/crocheting goals, I’ve got even more. Here they are, in order:
1) Finish the bib I’m currently working on.
2) finish baby blanket #4
3) finish baby blanket #5
4) weave in the ends of above
5) finish my black sweater
6) finish my red sweater
7) untangle the trash bag full of yarn I have sitting around
8) get a handle on my yarn stash again
9) finish my WIPs
10) work on my Ravelry queue, and last, but not least …
11) by 12/31/11 I hope to have only a half of the stash I have today. We shall see.
Any suggestions? Any goals of your own?