Sooooo .. awhile ago I started another sweater from the Knitter’s Handy Book of Sweater Patterns. They’re all bottom up: knit the bottom, knit the sleeves, then attach the sleeves and knit the top. It worked out great for this sweater (my first sweater FO for 2010):
That was my first foray into a yoke based sweater. I enjoyed it, and it fits pretty well, so I’d like to make another. I started another one right away (I’m great with stash busting again this year!), this time a raglan, bottom up cardigan. I finished the bottom (but have since lost it 😉 ), and actually finished 1 sleeve, but then I decided I don’t like how this stripe pattern is going, and also forgot to do the increases on the second sleeve. So I went from this:
to nothing! I have since restarted the second sleeve at the elbow (attempting to make my favorite 3/4 length sleeves), past the increases. So far so good, but now I need to find my bottom and rest of the yarn so I can continue!
And because I need to have many projects going on at one time, I started a scarf yesterday when I ran out of yarn for this next sleeve. I did some shopping last week (and I had been so good at yarn dieting!) and bought 4 balls of Lily Chin Gotham in purple for my son’s teacher’s gift. So far, so good:
“Chevron Scarf” from July 13, 2009’s Knitting Pattern a Day calendar:
Hope you’re enjoying the purple and black, Chris!