**I updated my wish list link! Amazon does not make it easy to do!**
I’ve joined the second Punk Rock Gift Exchange, so here are my answers to the questionnaire:
1. How long have you been knitting/crocheting/spinning?
I learned crocheting first but haven’t done it in years. I’ve been knitting regularly since 2003.
2. Do you consider yourself a beginner, novice or experienced yarn artist?
Intermediate. There are definitely things I haven’t done yet, like intarsia, fair isle, steeking.
3. What fibers (materials) have you knit/crochet with?
Most standards. I haven’t tried any of the new and exciting ones like hemp, bamboo, banana skins, tofu, etc.
4. What are your favorite yarns?
Here’s my Top 10 list. Basically I love soft yarn. I prefer mid-sized wool or silk.
5. What fibers are you dying to try?
I also have a list of my dream yarns.
6. Do you prefer solid, self striping, or handpainted yarns?
I like them all, but I guess I prefer variegated. I don’t like that fake fair-isle stuff that is usually used for sock yarn.
7. What fibers do you dislike?
Scratchy or acrylic-y yarn.
8. What are your favorite colors?
red and black.
9. What are your least favorite colors?
10. How did you learn to knit/crochet/spin?
I learned to crochet at a class at the library. My mom taught me how to knit in high school.
11. What projects are you currently working on?
My Sock-ret Pal socks, my 2nd Sweater-a-Month KAL sweater and some others that have been buried …
12. How old is your oldest UFO? What is it? Will it ever be finished?
I don’t know anymore!
13. What is the most heartbreaking project that you ever frogged?
I am too scared to frog my A Good Bias shrug or my Silk Corset, but they probably should be frogged.
14. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
15. Do you own a swift and/or a winder?
16. Where do you keep your needles?
17. Do you enjoy helpful hints about your knitting or does it just piss you off?
It depends on how it’s worded.
18. What techniques are you still a virgin in (lace, cables, ect.) and are you interested in trying them?
I haven’t done much colorwork (just stripes), no steeking or other scary stuff.
19. What knitting magazines do you subscribe to?
Interweave Knits, Vogue Knitting.
21. Do you enjoy knitting socks? How big are your feet?
I do, sometimes. They’re so useful and portable! I wear a U.S. size 8 and my left foot is 10 inches and my right foot is 9 1/2 inches. Go figure. It’s nice when I’m ready to be done with a pair of socks and just make the second shorter, definitely.
22. Do you have a wish list?
Yes, I update my Amazon list often.
23. What are your non-knitting, crochet, spinning hobbies?
I’ve gotten more into beading lately, I like watching TV, listening to radio and collecting tea and covers of popular music.
24. How do you feel about sports?
Not a fan.
25. What is your favorite season? Least favorite season? Why?
Spring. I love the feeling of it being gorgeous after a cold and/or rainy Winter (in Northern CA).
26. What is your favorite holiday?
Valentine’s Day (for the red and candy!), Easter (for the candy!) and Mother’s Day.
27. Do you like handmade gifts?
28. Do you wear jewelry that isn’t real?
Yes. I’ve been more and more into necklaces lately.
29. What are your favorite foods? Scents that you love?
Chocolate! (Except anything with hazelnuts.) I have been getting more into tea lately, and I love the smell of coffee, chocolate, vanilla and most flowers.
30. What is your family situation? Do you live alone?
I have one husband and three kids.
31. Do you have any pets?
No, my husband is allergic to cats so we don’t have one 😦
32. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3’s?
My computer, etc. can play MP3s. I love all music if it is a cover. If it’s not a cover I like everything except jazz, rap and that American Idol-like singing.
33. What are your favorite movies? TV shows? Actors?
My favorite current TV shows are The Office and Dirt. I love Office Space, Better Off Dead, the ’80s teen movies, and The Warriors as movies go.
34. What do you collect?
Knitting needles (it seems – I’ve got them everywhere!), yarn, patterns, knitting books, CDs, covers of popular music, tea and chocolate!
35. What do you do in real life — besides knit and blog?
I’m technically a work at home mom, when I get work. I’m trained as a librarian but haven’t worked in a library in 7 years. At this point it’s mostly about kid stuff.
36. When is your birthday? Is it a national holiday or just another day?
March 26th. I don’t celebrate it too much, but it is nice to be remembered!
37. Do you have any allergies, medical conditions or disorders that your pal should be aware of (ie. diabetes, food/pet allergies, etc.)?
38. Are there any scents, phobias, or sensory thing (ie, the way certain objects feel) that your pal should be aware of?
I don’t like overly smelly stuff, like those candle stores at the mall. Unless it’s chocolate or coffee of course!
39. What is the most difficult thing that you have ever knit/crochet?
Well, I started Annie Modesitt’s Silk Corset which was challenging, but I gave up on it. So I guess I’d say that.
40. What is your personal style? Is there a time period/fashion movement that you take your cues from?
I like to be comfortable mostly, but I probably try to dress goth and/or New Wave when I can. When I was thinner and had more time and money to dress myself, I used to dress more romantic-y or Victorian.
And in the interest of getting through my stash, here’s more!
1 skein of Kaalund laceweight yarn from Get Knitted. Skeins accounted for: 77.